Monday, May 24, 2010

A reminder to forget

Only once have i flown out of the Mangalore airport. The choice of airport was basically because of the lower airfare to Ahmedabad compared to my other option of flying from Kozhikode. Then late 2008, I was living at Kannur and it was just an hour extra to drive.

I found the airport small and very comfortable. I had never walked along the airstrip all the way to the craft before. Even Kozhikode airport was far far bigger. Strangely after boarding the 'Air India' flight i found the airport wall was very close to the runway. Even though i have no clue whether the wall played any part in the accident that occurred two days back, i had this feeling, what would happen if there occurs a small error during take-off or landing on this strip. There were again two strips and i am not sure on which one the accident happened.

A news link

This story sort of confirms my thoughts are actually pointless and the length was fine enough.

Still... This accident news which took away 158 lives, was the first thing i heard on my first morning in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Paris. Since i didn't know the exact reason the news haunted me whole day even in the enchanting city.

For most including me, this will be just another news that will be flushed out of the memory soon.
For those who were flying to meet the dear and near, for those who were working in the middle east to make their children would smile, for those who had dreams, for those who have lost their beloved..

May the 158 souls rest in peace.

No comments: